This is the main increase stitch I use for my Textured Slouchy Beret, and I’ve had enough questions about it, so here is a tutorial. Hopefully this will help, but if you still have questions don’t hesitate to ask.
(DC, FPdc) in next dc means this….
You are going to dc in the next dc, but you are also going to FPdc around the stitch you just did your dc in. Here is a breakdown of the steps.
1) yo, insert hook into next stitch
2) yo, pull up a loop
3) yo, pull through 2 loops on hook
4) yo, pull through last 2 loops on hook (dc made)
The next picture shows you the dc you just completed, and shows you where you will be doing your FPdc.
5) yo, insert hook from front to back behind post indicated above.
6) yo, pull up a loop
7) yo, pull through 2 loops on hook
9) yo, pull through last 2 loops on hook (FPdc completed)
I hope this helps. And again, if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Happy Crocheting!Read More