Please note: My current turn-around time is approx. 48 – 72 hours, depending on length and detail of pattern(s).
Are you a crochet designer looking for a technical editor?
I will tech edit, copy edit, & proofread your pattern for you. I work in Microsoft Word, and Mac Pages.
I can also help you develop your own style guide.
As your crochet tech editor, I will do the follow:
- check all math.
- check sizing & gauge.
- check all stitch counts for accuracy.
- check the finished dimensions against the gauge given.
- check the pattern against the schematics (if you have them).
- check schematics and/or charts for accuracy.
- check yarn requirements for different sizes.
- check any and all tutorials, or special instructions, and make sure they are easy to follow.
I will also:
- make sure all supplies are listed.
- check for consistency. Everything from formatting, headings, and everything else included through to the end.
- check for grammatical errors.
- make sure pattern style and/or language is consistent throughout.
- make sure rows and/or rounds are noted correctly.
- make sure all punctuation is correct.
- check and make sure gauge is always done in “inches x sts by y rows = 4 in.”
- check that the use of fractions or decimals is consistent.
- check use of abbreviations & capitalization for consistency.
- check that all abbreviations you have used are listed.
Below are some of the patterns and designers I have worked with. I am also one of the tech editor for Interweave Crochet Magazine. If you would like references please contact me by email.