Tunisian Simple Stitch – TSS
Here is a photo tutorial to work the tunisian simple stitch (TSS). Here are a few other names it is also known by.
- TSS – tunisian simple stitch
- afghan simple stitch
- tunisian basic stitch
Chain any number of desired stitches
1) crochet in back ridge of beginning ch (see fig.1),
2) insert hk in 2nd ch from hook,
3) yo, pull up a loop,
4) *insert hook in next ch, yo, pull up a loop, repeat from * across leaving all loops on hook
5) To complete row 1: yo, pull through 1st loop on hook, * yo, pull through 2 loops, repeat from * across.
6) skip 1st vertical bar (directly below loop on hook), * insert hook under next vertical bar (see fig.3)
7) yo, pull up a loop, repeat from * across to last bar,
8.) insert hook through both loops of last stitch. (see fig.4)
9) To complete row 2: yo, pull through 1st loop on hook, * yo, pull through 2 loops, repeat from * across until there is 1 loop left.