Tunisian TKS Dishcloth – Free Crochet Pattern
Dishcloth projects are fairly quick to work up, which makes them great projects for trying new stitches. The Tunisian TKS Dishcloth is the third dishcloth in the Tunisian series.
This TKS Dishcloth pattern has instructions for both #3 DK weight and #4 worsted weight so you can use whatever yarn you have in your stash!
The yarn weight options are written separately, with the small size written first with the larger size in parenthesis for each yarn weight.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. Please note: I will never become an affiliate partner for a product or service that I don’t use and love! Not all links are affiliates.
TUNISIAN TKS DISHCLOTH PATTERN
Finished Measurements: Approx. 8” square
Yarn: #3 (DK weight) or #4 (worsted weight) yarn – 2.5 oz.
#3 Cotlin DK weight in Mustard Seed
#4 Peaches & Creme in Red (I believe Peaches & Creme is discontinued, but Sugar ‘n Cream is a great substitute. They are almost identical.)
Size I/9 (5.5 m) Tunisian hook (for #3 DK weight dishcloth)
Size J/10 (6 mm) Tunisian hook (for #4 worsted weight dishcloth)
Please Note: I used a cable hook, but you could use straight Tunisian hook if you prefer.
Notions: Yarn Needle
Gauge: 15 sts and 16 row = 4 inches
- Tunisian Knit Stitch (tks) – insert hook between front and back vertical bars of next stitch (have hook come out on the back of the project), yo, pull up loop. (CLICK HERE FOR TUTORIAL)
- Return Pass (RetP) – Yo, pull through 1 loop on hook, *yo, pull through 2 loops, repeat from * across.
- Tunisian Knit Stitch Single Crochet (tks sc) – insert hook between front and back vertical bars of next st, yo, pull up lp, yo, pull through both loops (sc made).
If you’d like to see a video tutorial of this dishcloth you can CLICK HERE.
- For a list of abbreviations please see my List of Abbreviations.
- Size of dishcloth can be adjusted by any number of stitches.
- You can use any weight yarn – just go up 2 – 3 hook sizes larger than the yarn recommends.
- DK weight dishcloth pattern is written first with worsted weight stitch counts in parenthesis.
#3 DK weight yarn, ch 33,
#4 worsted weight, ch 31,
Row 1: Insert hook in back ridge of 2nd ch from hook, yo, pull up loop, *insert hook in back ridge of next ch, yo, pull up loop, repeat from * across. RetP (see Special Stitches).
Row 2: skip 1st vertical bar, *you will be working between front and back of vertical posts, insert hook from front to back between 2 vertical bars, yo, pull up a loop, repeat from * across to last bar, insert hook through both loops of last bar. RetP.
Rows 3 – 30 (27): Repeat Row 2. Do not fasten off.
Bind Off Row: Skip 1st st, *tks sc (see Special Stitches) in next tks, rep from * across to last st, insert hook through both loops of last st, yo, pull up loop.
The Tunisian dishcloths are great for learning new Tunisian stitches, craft fairs, or even giving as a gift sets. Below are the others in this series:
TKS Dishcloth (this post)
Tunisian Dishcloth Pattern Set
The downloadable ad-free PDF, which includes all 3 dishcloths, is available for purchase in my shops: