Rustic Endeavor Hat Crochet Pattern
The Rustic Endeavor Hat has the perfect amount of texture to add some fun to those dreary winter days. Pom pom or no pom pom you’re going to love this hat!
The hat pattern is written in 4 sizes (baby, toddler, child and adult). Pattern is written from the bottom up and includes a note on how to add more rounds if you like the slouch look.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. Please note: I will never become an affiliate partner for a product or service that I don’t use and love! Not all links are affiliates.
RUSTIC ENDEAVOR HAT
- Baby – 12-14″ circumference
- Toddler – 16-18″ circumference
- Child – 18-20″ circumference
- Adult – 20-22″ circumference
Yarn: #4 worsted weight – 125-150 yds
Sample used: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! in Greybeard
Crochet Hook: Size I/9 (5.5 mm)
Notions: Yarn Needle
Gauge: 13 esc x 9 rows = 4” in pattern
Difficulty: Adv Beginner: Uses easy stitches with decreases for the shaping.
- blo – back loop only
- ch – chain
- esc/sc2tog – extended single crochet/single crochet 2 together
- sc – single crochet
- puff st – puff stitch
- sc – single crochet
- sc2tog – single crochet 2 together
- sk – skip
- sl st – slip stitch
- yo – yarn over
For a full list of abbreviations, please see my List of Abbreviations.
- Pattern is written from the bottom up (brim to crown).
- Extra rounds can be added for a slouch look.
- Puff stitch – yo, insert hook in indicated stitch, yo, pull up loop, (yo, insert hook in same st, yo pull up loop) 3 more times, yo, pull through all 9 loops on hook. CLICK HERE for video tutorial
- Esc (Extended single crochet) – insert hook in indicated stitch, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through 1 loop on hook, yo, pull through 2 rem loops on hook. CLICK HERE for video tutorial
- Sc2tog (Single Crochet 2 together) – [insert hook in next st] 2 times, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through 2 loops on hook. Note whether sc2tog should be done in flo or blo (line instructions will say) CLICK HERE for video tutorial
- Esc/sc2tog (Extended Single Crochet / single crochet 2 together) – insert hook in next st, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through 1 loop, insert hook into next st, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through all 3 loops on hook. CLICK HERE for video tutorial
The matching Rustic Endeavor Cowl is available HERE.