Fall Harvest Blanket Square – A Free Pattern
The fall harvest blanket square is sure to remind you of crisp fall days, beautiful fall foliage, and apple picking.
This crocheted blanket square has an easy 2 row repeat and you can carry up the colors along the sides so you don’t have as many ends to tie in. Quick & easy with some fun texture!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. Please note: I will never become an affiliate partner for a product or service that I don’t use and love! Not all links are affiliates.
Finished Size: 8″ square
Yarn: #4 worsted weight
Sample used: Yarn Bee Soft & Sleek Blend in Pumpkin, Mustard, & Kale
- MC – .6 oz/27 yds
- CC1 – .5 oz/25 yds
- CC2 – .5 oz/25 yds
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
rep – repeat
sl st – slip stitch
sc – single crochet
yo – yarn over
For a full list of abbreviations, please see my List of Abbreviations.
- Total square should be 8” across; if slightly off you can block square.
- You can carry yarn up side as your work progresses and use the border to cover the yarn that you carried. Saves on extra ends to tie in.
- Color order doesn’t matter, but I used Mustard CC1, Pumpkin CC2, & Kale MC.
- Changing color in last yo – work st until last yo, yo with new color and pull through 2 loops on hook.
- Hdc in 3rd loop – work specified st in 3rd loop of hdc (which, for this pattern, will be the horizontal bar in front of the post of hdc. For a video tutorial, please see How to Hdc 3rd Loop.
With CC1, ch 25,
Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, join CC2 at end of last hdc (see Special Stitches), turn. (25 hdc)
Row 2: With CC2, ch 1, sc in 3rd loop each st across, change to MC, turn. (25 sc)
Row 3: With MC, hdc in each sc across, join CC1 in last st, turn. (25 hdc)
Row 4: With CC1, repeat row 2, change to CC2, turn.
Row 5: With CC2, repeat row 3, change to MC, turn.
Row 6: With MC, repeat row 2, change to CC1, turn.
Row 7: With CC1, repeat row 3, change to CC2, turn.
Row 8: With CC2, repeat row 2, change to MC, turn.
Row 9: With MC, repeat row 3, change to CC1, turn.
Row 10: With CC1, repeat row 2, change to CC2, turn.
Row 11: With CC2, repeat row 3, change to MC, turn.
Rows 12-23: Repeat Rows 6-11 two times. Do not change colors at end of row 23.
Row 24: With CC2, repeat row 2, change to MC, turn.
Round 1: With MC, ch 1, sc in each st across top, *3 sc in corner, sc in each row-end working over yarn that was carried up side**, 3 sc in corner, sc in each st across bottom; rep from * to **, sl st in first sc to join. Fasten off.
The Fall Harvest Blanket Square is part of the Fall Cozy Charity CAL hosted by NoorsKnits & Knitting with Chopsticks. For more squares you can click on the graphic below and find all the squares.
All 3 Bundles (Crochet, Tunisian, & Knit)