5 Things I Will NOT Do in 2021
So many people (myself included) make New Year’s Resolutions and break them by the end of Jan. I can totally relate! But a few years ago I started doing something different. Instead of making resolutions I made a list of things I wouldn’t do! I wrote the post, 5 Things I Will NOT Do in 2016 and it changed my whole outlook on how my year would play out.
It wasn’t a list of resolutions I could break. It was a list of things I wanted to change about myself and/or my business and the way I lived.
When I wrote my first 5 Things I Will NOT Do list back in 2016 I did so good about sticking to that list. 2019 & 2020 . . . . not as successful. Life has thrown me some curve balls, but the past 2 years were still more successful than if I hadn’t done that list at all. So . . . . .
5 THINGS I WILL NOT DO IN 2021
- I will not worry about being perfect – I have some big plans and ideas for 2021 and they scare me a little. I always worry things won’t be perfect. But honestly, I’m learning that I’m human and my community of crocheters totally understands life and imperfection. So this is me. Imperfectly perfect.
- I will not ignore my blog this year – Ok, honestly, this one is was on my list last year and I didn’t do well with it. So, I’m recommitting to it for this year. I want to do it because I love helping other crocheters advance their skills and/or make something that makes them feel accomplished when they finish it and blogging is the best way I know how.
- I will not take more than 48 hours to respond to emails (not incl. Sundays) – I had a couple personal crises this year (my husband’s cancer returned and my son went into cardiac arrest and spent a few days on life support). Add in surgery for one of my daughters and some dental issues and the last 6 months of 2020 nearly made me fall apart. I took the new year to clear out my emails and get a better system in case anythin like the past 2 months happens again. I’m not better equipped not to have emails get buried for weeks.
- I will not give up on my running goals – I started running a little over a year ago and it quickly became the one thing that helped me deal with the stress in my life. So this year I signed up for a challenge to run 2021 KM in 2021. (Yes, that’s 1256 MILES!!!) Crazy, yes. But I need to be challenged or I won’t make myself a priority. And my kids have challenged me to do a marathon this year before I turn 50!
- I will not get discouraged – Easier said than done a lot of times. But my word for this year is courage. I have some tough things coming this year and I need to believe in myself while keeping my joy.
QUIT THE RESOLUTIONS BEFORE YOU MAKE THEM
This year, instead of worrying about breaking your resolutions, try your own list of 5 things you won’t do in 2021.
Leave a comment and let me know what’s going to be on your list!
I’m so excited and looking forward to an amazing 2021!