Mulled Wine Tunisian Blanket Square
With all the colors of fall, this Tunisian blanket square is sure to remind you of warm mulled wine.
Made with a twist on some basic stitches, this tunisian blanket square looks amazing with just a bit of texture and an easy 2 row pattern repeat.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. Please note: I will never become an affiliate partner for a product or service that I don’t use and love! Not all links are affiliates.
MULLED WINE TUNISIAN BLANKET SQUARE
Finished Size: 8″ square
Yarn: #4 worsted weight
Sample used: Yarn Bee Soft & Sleek Blend
- CC1 (Mustard) – .5 oz/25 yds
- CC2 (Pumpkin) – .5 oz/25 yds
- CC3 (Burgundy) – .5 oz/25 yds
- Alternate 1 full row (FwdP & RetP) in each color. CC1, CC2, CC3.
- If you would like to carry yarn up side (instead of binding off), follow RetP until there are 2 loops left on hook, drop current color, yo with next color and pull through last 2 loops.
For Tunisian printable cheat sheets, SIGN UP HERE and I’ll send them to you.
- Changing color – work RetP to last 2 sts, yo with new color and pull through 2 loops on hook.
- RetP: Yo, pull through 1 loop, *yo, pull through 2 loops; rep from * across.
The Mulled Wine Tunisian Square is part of the Fall Cozy Charity Tunisian CAL hosted by NoorsKnits & Knitting with Chopsticks. For more Tunisian squares you can click on the graphic below and find all the squares.
All 3 Bundles (Crochet, Tunisian, & Knit)
Tunisian Blanket Square
With MC, ch 28,
Row 1: Insert hook in 2nd ch from hook, yo, pull up loop, *insert hook in next ch, yo, pull up loop; rep from * across (28 sts on hook), RetP. (see Special Stitches)
Row 2: *Insert hook under next 2 sts, yo, pull up loop, insert hook under 1st bar of 2 sts just used, yo, pull up loop; rep from * across to last st, insert hook behind both vertical bars of last st, yo, pull up loop. RetP.
Row 3: Tss in next st, *insert hook under next 2 sts, yo, pull up loop, insert hook under 1st bar of 2 sts just used, yo, pull up loop; rep from * across to last 2 sts, tss in next st, insert hook behind both vertical bars of last st, yo, pull up loop. RetP.
Rows 4-20: Repeat Rows 2 & 3.
Row 21: Insert hook behind next 2 vertical bars, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through both loops; rep from * across.
Note: If your bind off row is pulling too tight you can work a few of the sts in a single vertical bar instead of 2 at a time.