Reflections Tunisian Square Crochet Pattern
Looking for an easy Tunisian square to learn color changes with?
I love Tunisian colorwork. There is so much versitility in where and how you can change colors.
The Reflections Tunisian Square is made by changing colors after the forward pass, instead of the return pass like you might think to do. With an easy 1 row repeat, so you can just work on the color changes.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. Please note: I will never become an affiliate partner for a product or service that I don’t use and love! Not all links are affiliates.
REFLECTIONS TUNISIAN SQUARE
Finished Size: 12″ square
Yarn: #4 worsted weight
- Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran in Granite (MC) – 90 yds
- Caron One Pound in Soft Sage (CC) – 80 yds
Hook Size: Tunisian L/11 (8.0 mm) hook
Notions: Yarn Needle
Skill Level: Beginner – Uses basic Tunisian stitches with no shaping.
Gauge: 16 sts x 12 rows = 4″ in pattern
- Pattern can be adjusted by adding any number of stitches.
- MC is worked on the forward pass and CC is worked on RetP (for every row).
- The most challenging part of this pattern is the amount of ends to tie in. I recommend tying them in every few rows. It will prevent the left side from trying to come undone.
- You can use a regular hook for the bind off row. Tip – If the bind off row is too loose/wide you can go down a hook size.
For Tunisian printable cheat sheets, SIGN UP HERE and I’ll send them to you.
- Tss: Insert hook behind vertical bar, yo, pull up loop. (Visit tutorial HERE)
- RetP: Yo, pull through 1 loop, *yo, pull through 2 loops; rep from * across until 2 stitches remain on hook, yo with new color and pull through last 2 loops.
- Tss bo (Tunisian Simple Stitch Bind Off) – insert standard hook through next st as for tss, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through both loops on hook.
REFLECTIONS TUNISIAN SQUARE
With MC, ch 39.
Row 1: Insert hook in back ridge of 2nd ch from hook, yo, pull up loop, *insert hook in back ridge of next ch, yo, pull up loop, repeat from * across. Change to CC and RetP across until 2 sts remain on hook, yo with MC and pull through last 2 loops.
Row 2: With MC, skip 1st vertical bar, *tss in next st, repeat from * across. Change to color CC and RetP (see Special Stitches).
Row 3-27: Repeat Row 2. Do not fasten off.
Bind Off Row: *Tss sl st, sc2tog (see Special Stitches); rep from * across.
Row 21: Skip 1st st, *tss sc (see Special Stitches) in next tss, rep from * across to last st, insert hook through both loops of last st, yo, pull up loop, yo, pull through both loops.
Round 1: Ch 1, sc in each st around working 3 sc in each corner st, sl st in 1st sc to join. Fasten off.
The Reflections Tunisian Square is part of the Tunisian Blanket CAL 2022 hosted by Arunima from Knitter Knotter. For all the info about the CAL you can click on the graphic below.
If you’d rather just purchase the bundle and not have to wait for each day’s release, you can purchase them below.