Tunisian Simple Stitch – TSS
Here is a photo tutorial to work the tunisian simple stitch (TSS). Here are a few other names it is also known by.
- TSS – tunisian simple stitch
- afghan simple stitch
- tunisian basic stitch
Chain any number of desired stitches
1) crochet in back ridge of beginning ch (see fig.1),
Fig.1 – Back Ridge of chain, “V” is on bottom of hook
2) insert hk in 2nd ch from hook,
3) yo, pull up a loop,
4) *insert hook in next ch, yo, pull up a loop, repeat from * across leaving all loops on hook
5) To complete row 1: yo, pull through 1st loop on hook, * yo, pull through 2 loops, repeat from * across.
6) skip 1st vertical bar (directly below loop on hook), * insert hook under next vertical bar (see fig.3)
Fig.3 – insert under vertical bar
7) yo, pull up a loop, repeat from * across to last bar,
8.) insert hook through both loops of last stitch. (see fig.4)
Fig. 4 – insert hook through both loops of last stitch
9) To complete row 2: yo, pull through 1st loop on hook, * yo, pull through 2 loops, repeat from * across until there is 1 loop left.
2 thoughts on “Tunisian Simple Stitch – TSS”
The more I look at this Kristine the more I wish you were in my living-room, sitting next to me, showing me each step of the way. I am a hands on/visual learner. Show me once I get it….Expect me to read each step AND crochet…I’ll never get it. It is beautiful though!!
That is so cool! I’m so in love with the Tunisian stitch.